This out-and-back course follows the H&BT Rail Trail through woods and farmland. The trail looks flat, but has very gentle up and down grades, with Strava reporting a total elevation gain of around 400 ft. The surface is well-maintained gravel, crushed stone, and dirt. Runners will start at the Tatesville trailhead of the H&BT Rail trail and run north to the half-way point and and then return to the starting location.
We recorded a video preview of the course here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTbXsdb_OYI. While you're there, feel free to subscribe to (follow) our running channel if you like to watch running content on Youtube. :-)
The north and south aid stations will have water only. The Cypher aid station will offer water, Gatorade, and an assortement of snacks. These will likely include bananas, gummy candies, and chips or pretzels.
- 1.7 miles - South Aid Station - no spectator access
- 4 miles - Cypher Aid Station - Porta-john and spectator parking - Click here for map
- 5.7 miles - North Aid Station - no spectator access
- 7.5 miles - North Aid Station - no spectator access
- 9 miles - Cypher Aid Station - Porta-john and spectator parking - Click here for map
- 11.4 miles - South Aid Station - no spectator access
Note: In addition to the Cypher Aid Station, specators can also access the course by parking at the Hopewell Trailhead South Parking Lot and walking south several hundred yards along the trail to the half marathon turn-around point. That parking lot is located here: https://goo.gl/maps/y2gGpvVKbizYPuwh8
Click here to view a custom Google map we've created that shows the course, the aid stations, and specator access locations.
There is a basic course map and photos from a recent Strava activity below. For an interactive map, view the activity on Strava.