Mountain Railroad Half Marathon
We are excited to announce the inaugural Mountain Railroad Half Marathon! The course for this race follows a portion of the H&BT Rail Trail. This trail originally was part of the railroad owned by Huntingdon & Broad Top Mountain Railroad & Coal Company. The railroad was built for the purpose of moving coal to market from the mines in the Broad Top mountain region.
For a more detailed history of both the original railroad and the rail trail, visit Rails to Trails of Bedford County
Early Registration: $35 (on or before December 31, 2022)
Discount Registration: $45 (January 1 - March 31)
Standard Registration: $55 (April 1 - May 12
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Long Sleeve Tech Shirts: $22
Short Sleeve Tech Shirts: $17
Note: you must register by March 31 to be able to purchase a shirt during registration. A few extra might be available for purchase on race day.
Tatesville United Methodist Church
151 Methodist Church Rd
Everett, PA 15537
Race Day Schedule
- 6:45 AM - 7:45 AM: Packet pick-up. There is no race day registration.
- 8:00 AM: Race begins
- 10:30 - 11:00 AM: Awards given
- 12:00 PM: Final cut-off. Participants must finish by this time to receive an official time.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, with no exceptions.
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event in extreme circumstances (unsafe weather conditions, COVID mandates, etc). In case of a cancellation, we will provide vouchers for free entry into a future event.
- Pets and strollers are not allowed.
We are working on arrangements to offer refreshments to runners after the race. We'll post the details here when we have them.
All finishers will receive a finisher's "woodallion"
Cash prizes of $50 will be awarded to overall male and female winners
Male and female age-group winners will receive medal or prize. (details coming soon). Age groups are as follows: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or join the discussion on our Facebook Event Page.